Tattoo Removal & PigmentationThe ND:Yag Q-Switched laser is the only effective tattoo removal treatment for erasing unwanted tattoos or removing benign pigmented lesions without scarring. During skin pigmentation treatments photons of light are selectively absorbed by the tattoo ink or pigmentation (melanin). This sudden increase in temperature causes the ink/pigmentation structure to shatter. The body's own immune system removes the shattered pigment.
How many treatments will I need?This varies person by person. Amateur tattoos can usually be removed in 3-4 treatments with professional tattoos taking 6- 12 treatments. While skin pigmentation treatments can take anything from 3-8 sessions.
Does it hurt?Tattoo removal treatment and skin pigmentation treatment are relatively painless. To ensure client comfort we use a “chiller” machine that blows cold air onto the area being treated to ensure no discomfort is felt.
How often will I need to come for treatment?Every 4 - 8 weeks or until the skin is completely healed.
Why chose The ME Clinic?Experience, expertise and the best equipment. With over 30 combined years experience with laser treatments and in the advanced aesthetics field customers can be reassured that they are in the very best of hands. We offer tattoo removal treatment and skin pigmentation treatment to both male and female patients.
What happens after the tattoo/pigmentation removal treatment?Directly after tattoo removal treatment there will be some redness, the skin will appear to have white bubbles, and there will be a small amount of swelling. We will apply antiseptic cream and a dressing before you leave the clinic. We advise applying the cream twice per day for the 7 days following treatment. We will supply you with the cream. We also advise the following after skin pigmentation treatment:
- No hot baths or showers – tepid only
- No heat treatments i.e. saunas and steam rooms
- No deodorant, perfumes or scented body lotions/creams
- No swimming or Jacuzzis
- No steam ironing or cooking over boiling saucepans
- Do not scratch, pic, or rub the treated area
- Do not wear tight or restrictive clothes over the area treated for 48 hours
- Apply the supplied anti biotic cream x2 per day for 7 days
How should I prepare for treatment?
- Do not use products containing retinol or strong AHA fruit acids prior to or during your tattoo removal treatment
- Avoid swimming in strong chlorinated water immediately before treatment
- Avoid wearing tight clothing when attending the treatment
- Physical sunblock should be worn at all times on areas visible to sunlight (SPF 30)
- Avoid sun exposure and sun beds for 4 weeks before treatment
- Do not use fake tanning products for two weeks prior to treatments including spray tanning and tinted moisturisers
- If the tattoo/pigmentation is in a hairy area please shave the day before treatment
How will my tattoo look directly after treatment?Immediately after tattoo removal treatment your tattoo will look red, raised, swollen with white bubbles where the pigment has been shattered. This can last up to a week and can be followed by bruising. It is extremely important that you follow the after-care advice given by your practitioner.
How will my pigmentation look directly after treatment?Immediately after skin pigmentation treatment your pigmentation will look 'frosted', be slightly swollen and red. The swelling can last up to 24 hours. The pigmentation will then scab over, it is extremely important not to pick or scratch the area as this could cause damage to the underlying new skin. CONTACT US NOW FOR YOUR FREE CONSULTATION
TATTOO REMOVAL BEFORE & AFTER*
PIGMENTATION BEFORE & AFTER*
WHAT PATIENTS HAVE TO SAY...*
“I started suffering from pigmentation on my face since the summer. I have been very self-conscious of it so I visited the Laser Clinic to see what treatment was available. On my first visit all the staff were very friendly and professional. I felt 100% confident in having the treatment as this was explained in complete detail so I fully understood what it entailed. Emma, the therapist who did the procedure was absolutely fantastic. I would definitely recommend this treatment to anybody who suffers from pigmentation. I have now booked a course of treatment.”
Mr M. Brown
“I am so happy with the results of my tattoo removal treatment after just the one session! There's a noticeable difference and I cannot wait to see the results after my second session! The chiller blew cold air over the tattoo before, during and after which meant I had no pain, I was given clear after care instruction so I knew exactly what to expect and how to look after my tattoo as it healed. Thank you again The ME Clinic, you were so friendly and really made me feel welcome and at ease!”
Miss L Lewis