The ME Clinic’s tips for safe cosmetic surgery
At The Me Clinic in Cardiff we know how important it is for potential and current patients to feel they are being cared for, and that they will undergo safe cosmetic surgery.
We appreciate that each patient is different and needs a bespoke treatment plan and aftercare. With that in mind, we’ve put together some information that we think may help you.
Whether you’re considering breast augmentation surgery, body contouring, or a mummy makeover, it’s key you undergo safe cosmetic surgery in a clinic that cares.
The key to safe cosmetic surgery
Our consultants think the key to successful but safe cosmetic surgery results lies in the honest relationship between patient and surgeon.
Some people are told they have to have surgery, for reasons such as disfigurement, trauma or cancer; other people choose to have cosmetic surgery to improve their self-esteem. Either way, who you choose to trust as your facial surgeon in Wales is of utmost importance.
We believe in honest, safe cosmetic surgery, and so the mission of The ME Clinic in Cardiff is to provide anybody who requests or needs to have surgery of the face or body to have the best possible advice from a specialist in their field of care.
There are guidelines in place for your safety
Not long ago, The Royal Collage of Surgeon’s released new Professional Standards for Cosmetic Surgery. These were intended to improve patient safety and standards in the industry, by specifying that only surgeons with the fitting training and experience should undertake cosmetic surgery, as well as the ethics and behaviour expected of them.
With that in mind, here are The ME Clinic’s top tips when choosing to undergo cosmetic surgery:
- Have a clear idea in your mind what you are concerned about and what you would like to be improved by cosmetic surgery
- Find a surgeon who listens to your concerns and explains clearly what a realistic outcome from cosmetic surgery might be
- Meet your surgeon at least 2 weeks before your operation, and ideally meet them on a second occasion before surgery. This gives you time to fully consider and understand your operation
- Make sure your surgical team provides clear written or on-line information about your procedure and what to expect in the recovery process
- Ask lots of questions until you are happy you completely understand the benefits and risks of your chosen cosmetic surgery procedure
- Find a face surgeon that is highly qualified and trained in your procedure, for example breast augmentation, and that can explain their own results of surgery to you (including complication rates). Make sure that surgeon is someone you feel you can trust
- Make sure you understand what to do afterwards in case something goes wrong, and that your surgeon has given you a plan of aftercare
- Be wary of ‘promotions’ or financial incentives to pay for cosmetic surgery. Do not buy any procedures from voucher sites like Groupon
- Ensure you have been given a written plan for the cost of cosmetic surgery including any costs associated with complications or revision procedures
Get in touch with the team
Whether you’re considering breast augmentation surgery, body contouring, or a mummy makeover – do your research. For more information about how to undergo cosmetic surgery to the face safely, book a consultation with The Me Clinic in Cardiff.